2 lb ground beef (80/20 fat)
2–4 tablespoons Hardcore Carnivore Red seasoning
4 burger buns
8 slices of American cheese
⅓ cup thick sliced pickles
1 cup fried onion strings
½ cup buffalo sauce
- Preheat a grill for medium-high heat, two zone cooking. So, it should be around 400f. To set it up for two zone – pile all the charcoal to one side, or for a propane grill just light the far left burner only.
- Separate the beef into four portions, then work quickly to shape them into thick patties, being careful to not overwork the meat. Press a divot in the centre of each patty to stop it puffing on the grill. Season on both sides with Hardcore Carnivore Red seasoning.
- Place the burgers onto the direct heat, and cook for 3-4 minutes before flipping them over and cooking a further 3-4 minutes.
- Once they are seared on both sides, move them to the indirect side of the grill to cook a further 10 minutes.
- Quickly toast the buns over the direct heat, then remove them from the grill. Place two slices of American cheese on each burger, and let it melt a minute or so.
- Assemble the burger by layering the patty onto the bottom bun, then adding several pickle slices, a generous amount of fried onions and finally pour over 2 tablespoons of buffalo sauce. Repeat until all four burgers are assembled.
- Method: Grilling