6 links of Andouille Smoked Sausage
6 x bolillo rolls (or similar)
1/2 of a green cabbage
3 jalapeno peppers
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup cider vinegar
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon hot sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
3/4 cup bbq sauce
- Start by making the coleslaw. Peel and shred the carrot and place into a large bowl. Use a mandoline or knife to slice the cabbage into thin strands. Add to the bowl. Deseed and de-stem the jalapeno peppers, then slice thinly and add to the bowl. In a jar, combine the mayo, cider vinegar, salt, sugar and hot sauce. Shake vigorously to combine well. Pour over the cabbage mix and toss everything to combine well.
- Light a grill for medium heat cooking, about 400f.
- Slice the andouille sausage in half lengthwise.
- Grill the sausage halves directly over heat, flipping every 2-3 minutes, until they have warmed through and the cut side has developed a nice char.
- To assemble – slice the bolillo rolls in half lengthwise. Spread one heaped tablespoon of bbq sauce on the top half of the bun. Spoon a generous amount of jalapeno coleslaw on the bottom half of the bun. Layer with two slices of grilled sausage and serve immediately.
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: cajun
Keywords: hot dog, andouille, cajun, grilling