1 lb crab meat
2 tablespooons chopped parsley
2/3 cup toasted panko
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons hot sauce
zest of 1 lemon
1 tablespooon Hardcore Carnivore Red seasoning
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
14 oz andouille sausage
4 tablespoons salted butter
- Prepare the crab cakes. In a bowl, place the crab meat, parsley, panko and lemon zest.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo, egg, hot sauce, seasoning and dijon mustard.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the crab, and gently fold until everything is combined.
- Spoon about 1/4 – 1/3 cup of the mixture into your hands, and shape into a small patty, then place on a sheet pan or tray. Repeat until all cakes are formed, then place the tray into the fridge for at least 30 minutes, preferably 2 hours.
- Slice the andouille into pieces about 3/4 of an inch wide.
- Preheat a griddle for medium high cooking. Start by searing the andouille sausage pieces for 2-3 minutes per side. They should develop a nice brown crust, then set aside.
- Place the butter onto the griddle, and once melted place the crab cakes on top. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side. They should develop a golden crust, and warm through. Use care when flipping as they are fragile.
- To serve, layer a slice of seared andouille on the crab cake, then top with a spoonful of seed mustard or pickled mustard seeds.
- Category: appetizers
- Method: griddle
- Cuisine: american