1.5 lb of flank steak
3.5 oz chipotle pepper in adobo
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
4 garlic cloves
1.5 cups orange juice
2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Prepare to marinade the steak 16-24 hours prior to cooking.
- Combine chipotle in adobo, vinegar, Worcestershire, garlic, onion, salt and orange juice in a blender. Pulse until combined.
- Place the flank steak in a sealable bag, then add the marinade, moving it around in the bag to ensure it’s well coated. Place in the fridge for 16-24 hours.
- Preheat a grill for direct cooking at medium heat, 350-400 degrees.
- Remove the flank steak from the bag and discard the marinade. Pat the surface of the steak somewhat dry to encourage browning on the grill.
- Place the steak on the grill, and cook using the “Just Keep Flipping” method – turning it over every 30-60 seconds over direct heat. This will allow the steak to cook thoroughly without burning.
- Cook until the center reads 135f on a meat thermometer (about 10-15 minutes total).
- Remove steak from grill and rest under foil for 7-10 minutes. Slice across the grain to serve.
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Tex Mex