3lb boneless pork chops (about 8 pieces)
2–4 tablespoons of Hardcore Carnivore Red seasoning
1 serrano pepper (see note 1)
1 lime (zest and juice)
2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
½ cup orange juice
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- Preheat a grill by lighting a chimney full of Kingsford Original briquettes. Once the top briquettes are starting to ash over, dump the chimney into your grill in a two-zone cooking configuration.
- Pat the pork chops dry using a paper towel, and then season well on both sides with the Hardcore Carnivore.
- Place the seasoned pork chops over the hot coals. Cook for 2-3 minutes to develop color, then flip and cook the other side a further 2-3 minutes.
- Once browned, move the pork chops to the cool side of the grill away from the coals, and close the lid to finish cooking. Pork chops are ready when they measure 145f internal temperature, which will take about 10-15 minutes of indirect cooking. Once they are ready, remove to a plate and cover with foil to rest briefly while you make the drizzle sauce.
- Remove and discard the stem and seeds of the serrano pepper. It’s recommended you use gloves to handle the chili. Chop the serrano into a very fine dice and place into a small bowl. Add the lime zest, juice, honey, orange juice, Worcestershire and salt, Stir to combine – the consistency will be very thin. Do not add the lime juice to the zest or pepper until you are ready to serve the pork chops, or the bright green color will fade.
- Drizzle the chile sauce over the pork chops and serve immediately.
- Note 1: for milder heat, sub serrano with jalapeños
- Note 2: the chili will lose its vibrant color quickly, so for the brightest green appearance, make it right before you serve it while your pork chops are resting.
- Category: pork, main course
- Method: Grilling
Keywords: pork chops, main course, spicy