1 x 8-10 lb spiral cut ham
1 x 10oz jar jalapeno jelly
1 tablespoon Hardcore Carnivore Red seasoning
3/4 cup honey or other sweet thick syrup
3 cups chicken broth or water
- Preheat a smoker to 275f.
- Use a large foil tray, and place a wire rack at the bottom. Place the ham cut meat side down on the rack.
- Pour the chicken broth or water into the bottom of the foil pan, then place the ham into the smoker to reheat until it reaches 140f internal temperature at the thickest part. It will take about 12-14 min per lb to cook.
- While the ham is cooking, place the jelly into a saucepan over low-medium heat to melt about 5-7 minutes. Stir to break up the pectin. Add the seasoning and the syrup and stir. The glaze should be the consistency of easily-pourable honey. If it’s too thick you can add a touch of water to make it easy to pour.
- Once the ham has been throughly heated through, pour the glaze on top, using a brush to cover any areas the glaze didn’t reach. Return to the smoker to cook a further 5-10 minutes for the glaze to set.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 2.5 hours