6 large croissants
1 lb breakfast sausage
3 stalks celery, diced
1 onion, diced
2 granny smith apples, cored and diced into 3/4 inch cubes
2 tablespoons of fresh chopped sage
1/2 cup chopped pecans
3 tablespoons Hardcore Carnivore Fried Turkey seasoning
1 cup chicken broth
4 oz butter, melted
- Preheat an oven to 375f
- Place a skillet over high heat, and add the breakfast sausage. Break sausage apart with a wooden spoon, and cook until the sausage is thoroughly cooked through, about 10 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove sausage from skillet, leaving the fat and set sausage meat aside.
- Add the onion to the fat in the skillet, and cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally until softened. Add the celery and cook the mixture a further 2-3 minutes until celery has softened.
- Use a serrated knife to cut the croissants into large chunks at least 1″ thick, then place them into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cooked sausage, browned onion and celery, apples, sage, pecans, seasoning, chicken broth and melted butter to the bowl.
- Gently toss with a large spoon or your hands to ensure everything is evenly coated and distributed, then pour the mixture into a 9×13 baking dish or pan.
- Place into the oven uncovered and cook for 20 minutes until brown on top.
This recipe can be prepared a few hours in advance and held in the fridge until you are ready to cook it.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: thanksgiving, holiday