1 x 9″ pie crust
1 cup buttermilk, divided
1.5 c sugar
3 tbsp flour
2 tbsp molasses
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp allspice or five spice
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/4 cup salted butter, melted
- Preheat an oven to 425f.
- Lay the pie crust in a glass or metal pie tin, and crimp edges.
- In a bowl place sugar, flour and half the buttermilk, and whisk.
- Add eggs, molasses and remaining buttermilk, whisk again.
- Add vanilla, allspice, pepper and melted butter, whisk a final time.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust, and place in hot oven. Cook for 10 minutes then reduce heat to 350f. Cook a further 35-45 minutes until pie is fully set.