1 small fresh pineapple (about 2 cups worth)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 cups ice
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 cup of Tequila
1/4 c simple syrup (see note 1)
2 tablespoons Hardcore Carnivore Meatchelada rub (see note 2)
- Start by cutting the pineapple. Remove the top, outer skin and core, then cut into 8 pieces lengthwise so you have long strips. (The shape doesn’t really matter as you’ll be cutting them smaller later, I just find that longer pieces are easier to turn under the broiler than small chunks).
- Lay the pineapple pieces on a foil lined sheet pan/tray and sprinkle them with brown sugar. Place under a high broiler, at least 6 inches away. Cook for 10-15 minutes, turning the chunks 2-3 times as the brown to roast them on all sides. Then remove and allow to cool slightly.
- Cut the charred pineapple strips into chunks, then freeze until frozen. The recipe up until this point can be done ahead and left in the freezer until needed.
- Place 2 cups of burnt pineapple chunks, ice, lime juice, tequila and simple syrup in a blender. Blend aggressively until thick and “creamy”.
- Rim a glass with meatchelada rub, pour the frozen marg in and enjoy!
- Note 1: simple syrup is equal parts sugar and water, stirred over low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Note 2: Meatchelada is an earthy chili lime seasoning used as garnish. You can sub with salt or omit completely.
- Category: cocktails
- Cuisine: Tex Mex
Keywords: cocktail, pineapple, margarita