1 3lb Bottom Round roast
1/3 cup yellow mustard
1 tbsp seed mustard
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
3 tsp coarse black pepper
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp onion powder
3 fresh Hatch chiles, finely diced
Salt to taste
- Preheat an oven to 300f.
- Trim the roast of any silver skin along the underside.
- In a bowl, combine both mustards, Worcestershire, paprika, pepper, onion powder and Hatch chiles. Stir with a spatula to combine well.
- Sprinkle the roast liberally with salt, then apply the Hatch paste with the spatula, making sure the entire surface is well coated.
- Place the roast onto a rack over a sheet pan. I put foil on the sheet pan for easy clean up. Place into the oven and cook for about 1.5 hours until the internal temperature reaches 135f.
- Remove the roast from the oven, and set the broiler to high. Broil for 3-5 minutes to set the crust, being careful not to burn.
- Cut the roast no thicker than 1/4 inch per slice, and serve.