1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1.5 cups water
1 brisket point-end, approx 7lb
1/4 cup Hardcore Carnivore Black rub
2 cups cola
1.5 cups BBQ sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons butter
1–2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat a smoker to 250f. Place apple cider vinegar and water into spritz bottle.
- Season the brisket well with salt and then rub generously with Hardcore Carnivore: Black.
- Place the brisket into the smoker. Cook, spritzing occasionally with the cider vinegar mix until an internal temperature of 150f is reached.
- Wrap the brisket tightly in foil, and return to the smoker until an internal temperature of 185f is reached.
- Remove brisket from the smoker, and cut into thick slices, about 3/4 inch. Then cut the slices again to form cubes. If there are large seams of fat, you may want to trim these out or discard – they will not have a pleasant mouthfeel.
- Place the cola in a small saucepan over medium high heat, and reduce liquid by at least half. Add the bbq sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire, soy and butter, plus salt to taste. Stir to combine.
- Place the brisket cubes in a large foil tray, then pour over the sauce, stirring to make sure all the pieces are well coated. Drizzle honey across the top, then return to the smoker.
- Increase the heat of the smoker to 275f, and cook a further 2-3 hours, or until the liquid has reduced and caramelized. You will see fat accumulate at the bottom of the pan as it renders – this is normal, and should not be confused with the sauce liquid. Serve immediately or keep warm until ready to serve, otherwise the sugars in the sauce may harden.