4 lb pork belly – skin off
3–5 tablespoons Hardcore Carnivore Red seasoning
1 cup BBQ sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 cup chicken stock
3 tablespoons salted butter, cut into small cubes
- Start by cutting the belly into 1-2 inch cubes. Season generously with the Red seasoning, then cover and place into the fridge for an hour or up to overnight.
- Fire up a smoker to 250f.
- Place the pork cubes spaced out onto a non-coated wire rack. This will just make it easier to move them than placing them into the smoker one by one. Place the rack into the smoker and cook for 2 hours.
- In a bowl, combine the sauce, honey and stock. Remove cubes from the smoker and place into a foil pan large enough that they are in a single layer. Pour over the liquid mixture making sure all cubes are well coated. Sprinkle the butter cubes across the top, then cover the pan with foil and return to the smoker for another 1.5 hours.
- Remove the foil, stirring the cubes to coat once more, than cook a further 30 minutes until the coating is sticky and thick.