4 croissants, cubed
4 strips bacon
1.5 cups white sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp melted butter
2 cups milk
1/3 cup pecans, chopped
optional – a splash of bourbon for kick
- Preheat the oven to 325°F/160C
- Chop the bacon strips into small pieces, and cook down in a pan until crispy, then drain onto paper towel and allow to cool.
- Layer the cubes of croissant in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Fill any gaps by pushing and tucking in cubes.
- Combine eggs, butter, vanilla, milk, bourbon and cinnamon. Whisk gently to combine. Gradually add the sugar a little at a time, to dissolve it into the liquid mixture.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the croissant cubes, trying to ensure all pieces are saturated. Then, sprinkle the bacon and chopped pecans over the top, pushing some down into the croissant cubes.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes and serve while warm.