Beefy, Cheesy Mini Taco Bites
Looking for the perfect Cinco De Mayo party snacks? Harness the flavor of beefy, cheesy (somewhat trashy) Tex Mex with these mini taco bites.
First, let’s get to some Cinco de Mayo facts:
- Yes, it just means 5th of May
- It is not Mexican Independence Day
- It is in fact the date Mexican forces were victorious over the French at the Battle of Puebla
- There is no discernible reason this day should necessarily be celebrated by folks in the USA
- My dog, Ancho, was adopted on CdM (which is why she has that name!)
Acknowledging that this commemoration has morphed into Cinco de Drinko, an excuse for people to release their inner hot mess, I say that doesn’t matter. Because, my friends, any excuse to eat glorious Tex Mex cuisine and down some (possibly Everclear based) Margaritas is a fine excuse indeed.
Whether you’re planning a backyard gathering or a full tequila-fueled sh*t show, you are going to need some tasty, tasty food, and I think these mini taco bites deliver the goods.
More importantly, they’re super easy to make, requiring only five ingredients:
Seasoned and browned ground beef, those little tortilla chips in the shape of a scoop, fresh jalapeno, queso (here’s my recipe!) and some paprika. Now watch how ridiculously simple it is to make, and happy Cinco, however you choose to celebrate!
Got a product or event to share?
Kinda sweet, a little savory and sorta spicy, pepper jelly is a great all round condiment to keep in the fridge.